HND Computing: Technical Support
Please note that this is the final year of the current HND Computing: Technical Support award, therefore we are only accepting applications for those who already have an HNC in Computing into Year 2.
Students who wish to pursue the new award, HND in Technical Support, should apply for 2013-14 HNC Computing: Technical Support stream, and upon successful completion, in 2014-15 Year 2 of the new HND Computing: Technical Support award.
The HND builds on the technical support skills you will have developed on the HNC Computing course and provides you with specialist training in the design, installation, support and administration of stand-alone and networked computer systems. Students will also have the opportunity to sit vendor qualifications such as Microsoft and CompTIA.
What You Study
- Advanced PC Fault-finding
- Project Management
- Network Design, Building and Administration
- Windows 2008 Server Administration and Windows 7
- Network Security
- Network Technology and Data Communications
- Professional Issues in Computing
- Practical Project
- Developing Multimedia Applications
- Web Server Management
- Internet Services: Configuration and Administration
- Providing User Support
Duration and Attendance
HNC Computing, with 15 appropriate credits from the HND award.
All applicants will be expected to attend an interview with a member of the course team. If invited in for interview applicants will be expected to bring a reference with them to the interview. In the case of Fife school leavers, a transition form will be requested from the school by the College.
If not already stated above, please note your application is subject to:
- A Personal Statement — this section of your application form must be completed
- An Interview — if you meet the entry requirements
- A Reference — or if you are a Fife school leaver a Transition Form
Please see our Application Guide for more information.
Before you submit your application, please check that you meet, or should meet the entry requirements.
- Entry into 2nd or 3rd year of a related degree programme
- 3rd year BSc Applied Networking Technologies
- Multi-skilled Microcomputer Technician including Networking
- Desktop Support Analyst
- Helpdesk Analyst
This course is currently offered on the date(s) and venue(s) listed below.
02 Sep 2013
13 Jun 2014
||Kirkcaldy (Priory Campus)
While we make every attempt to ensure the accuracy of course information, this is
subject to change, as part of our continuous improvement process.